Talk:Bering-uClibc 4.x - User Guide
The existing Bering & Bering-uClibc documentation at http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/ consists of articles called variously:
- Installation Guide
- User Guide
- Developer Guide
Documentation for Developers is definitely separate, but there is no clear distinction between where an Installation Guide stops and a User Guide starts, and should the User Guide really be an Administrator Guide?
For Bering-uClibc 4.x we should therefore have a "Developer Guide" and a separate document which covers Installation, Administration and Usage. To keep the name short we might as well simply call that the "User Guide". This will cover Installation and Administration too. Davidmbrooke 17:24, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
IPv6 is becoming increasingly important and personally I want to see Bering-uClibc 4.x have excellent support for IPv6 - perhaps even offering an IPv6-only configuration. Networking configuration chapters are therefore separate for IPv4 and IPv6 (because some of the packages are different) but with the same structure. Davidmbrooke 13:22, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
Agree; pls note "Freenet6 - Copy from http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/bucu-freenet6.html" doesn't work with Bering-uClibc4, the Freenet driver is outdated and dysfunctional; reason I moved to aiccu.
BTW: what do I have to do, that user and time is added to my comments? --Kapeka 14:19, 31 October 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for the tip about Freenet6; I will remove that from the User Guide. (Maybe add a FAQ section and mention that Freenet6 does not work?) For the "signature" trick see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Signatures#Preferred_option Davidmbrooke 12:18, 31 October 2010 (UTC)
Damn, I thought I changed a title (dynamic dsn client), but the content is gone...? David can you help?--Kapeka 16:51, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
Don't worry - content is still there. It is *really* hard to (completely) delete stuff! Some suggestions:
- If you click the "history" tab (alongside "edit") you can see the version history of a page. Clicking "undo" will totally remove the relevant edit. Can also see the "diff" here.
- Following my rename, the page is now actually called "Bering-uClibc 4.x - User Guide - Advanced Topics - Setting Up a Dynamic DNS Client".
- The text after the pipe symbol (|) is the "display name" on the "User Guide" contents page (i.e. simply "Setting Up a Dynamic DNS Client").
- You could just update the display name, leaving the full page name as before (my preference).
- If you want to rename the Dynamic DNS page you have to select "move" on the actual page *and* edit the links from every other page (although the move installs a re-direct, like a symbolic link)
- Note that these "sub-chapter" pages are referenced from the main User Guide ToC *and* also from the "chapter" ToC ("Advanced Topics") so you need to change the links in both places...
Davidmbrooke 18:31, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
Thx, choosed your preferred option :) --Kapeka 19:29, 17 November 2010 (UTC)