Bering-uClibc 4.x - Developer Guide - Introduction
|Bering-uClibc 4.x - Developer Guide||Next|
This Developer Guide describes the recommended approach for people who want to:
- Build Bering-uClibc 4.x from source code.
- Modify an existing Package.
- Add a new Package.
All LEAF variants are designed to run on small, embedded systems which do not provide a suitable platform for software development. The distribution therefore needs to be prepared on a separate "host" system and copied across to the "target" system.
For Bering-uClibc 4.x there is a well-developed toolchain which consists of:
- A utility called buildtool.pl which automates the process of compiling source code for Packages.
- This also supports the compilation of the build environment itself, via a special pseudo-package called "buildenv".
- A utility called buildpacket.pl which automates the process of assembling an installable Package (.lrp) file from compiled code.
- A utility called buildimage.pl which automates the process of preparing a disk image.
- This does not exist (yet). Should we create it to replace geniso.sh / createimage.sh ?