As stated on the Main Page, the content of this Wiki is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Each LEAF release is a Linux distribution consisting of a wide range of software taken from a variety of upstream projects, plus a small amount of "LEAF-specific" software which has been created just for LEAF.
Some of the LEAF-specific software is only used for the development of a LEAF release - for example
buildimage.pl - and is not normally distributed, although it is freely available.
Other LEAF-specific software (notably
apkg) is included in the published LEAF Images.
The upstream project software is released under a variety of Free and Open Source Software licenses, depending on which license the copyright holders chose to use. For example:
- Ncurses is declared to be free software. It is not released under the GPL or similar "open source" license.
- Dropbear is released under an MIT-style License.
- Shorewall is released under the GPLv2 License.
- OpenLDAP is released under the OpenLDAP Public License.
- The text of this license includes the following statement:
- 3. Redistributions must contain a verbatim copy of this document.
In some cases the upstream software has been modified for LEAF, e.g. by applying a source code patch. In such cases the modified software is a "derived work" and is licensed under the same terms as the original upstream software.
TODO: Say more about how the different upstream software projects are "aggregated" into a LEAF release, and which license applies to the "aggregate".