Bering-uClibc 4.x - Developer Guide - Policies and Guidelines
Revision as of 21:32, 19 October 2010 by Davidmbrooke (Created with simple initial content)
|Policies and Guidelines|
|Prev||Bering-uClibc 4.x - Developer Guide|
The following general Policies and Guidelines should be adopted (if possible / practical) when developing for Bering-uClibc 4.x:
- Upload the upstream package source file to the LEAF source code management system and reference it from there within buildtool.cfg.
- This provides a "local" copy in case the upstream distribution location changes or goes away.
- This provides an input to the process which creates a downloadable snapshot of all of the source code used for a Bering-uClibc 4.x distribution, which is required to comply with SourceForge terms and conditions. TODO: Add reference to those Ts&Cs.
- Store the upstream package source file in unmodified form.
- Do not change the filename. Retain the original compression scheme (preferably .tar.gz but alternatively .tar.bz2 if that is all that is provided).
- Make changes by "patching" the unpacked files as part of the build process defined in buildtool.mk.
- When adding an extra kernel module to the kmodules source package, check whether there is any accompanying firmware (in /lib/firmware/). If there is, also specify that in the kmodules buildtool.cfg.
- Refer to the e100 entry as an example.