Bering-uClibc 4.x - User Guide - IPv6 Networking
|Prev||Bering-uClibc 4.x - User Guide||Next|
IPv6 Networking Overview
A default installation of Bering-uClibc 4.x has IPv6 partially enabled:
ipv6.kokernel Module is loaded automatically.
- As a result, IPv6 addresses are assigned to each network interface - "link local" addresses and also "global" addresses if an IPv6 router is present.
- Most of the daemon Packages support IPv6 in addition to IPv4. For example:
However, the default installation of Shorewall disables most IPv6 operations.
For full IPv6 operation it is necessary to install and configure additional Packages as described in the Sub-Chapters.
IPv6 Networking Sub-Chapters
- External Network Connections
- Internal Network Connections
- Configure Shorewall6 for IPv6 (ip6tables) firewall configuration
- Configure Router Advertisements for RFC 2461 Neighbor Discovery and RFC 4862 Stateless Autoconfiguration
- Configure DHCPv6 for RFC 3315 Stateful Autoconfiguration